Here are the steps on how to brew your beer at home:
Step 1: Preparation
- Gather all the necessary brewing equipment. It will be better if you choose a starter kit.
- Sanitize your equipment.
Step 2: Brewing
- Steep the grains or soak them into the water for extracting malt.
- Boil water in a kettle and add the malt extracts.
- As you have obtained ‘wort’ or ‘sugar water’, cool it immediately using either an ice bath or wort chiller.
Step 3: Fermentation
- Pour the cooled wort into your fermenter.
- Add water and then aerate the wort.
- Pour yeast into your fermenter.
- Seal the fermenter and store it in a cool, dark place.
Step 4: Bottling
- After a few weeks of fermentation, prepare for bottling. Clean thoroughly everything.
- Boil the priming sugar, cool it and add straight to the bottling bucket.
- Transfer the beer by siphoning it out from the fermenter and to the bottling bucket.
- Fill up the bottles.
- Cap securely the bottles.
- Store the beer bottles for about 2 weeks at room temperature.
Step 5: Taste Test
- Now that the beers have carbonated, you can refrigerate them.
- After chilling, you can now taste your beer. If it tastes good, enjoy it. If not, figure out what went wrong and repeat the steps.